Why you need a mobile friendly website
Here’s a few facts to consider…
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association Asia
- 91% of people keep their phone within 3 feet of themselves, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. (Source: Morgan Stanley)
- 3 out of 5 searches are done using a mobile phone
- 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. (Source: Mobile Marketer)
- Searching for local businesses is the #1 way people use smart phones (source: Google)
So, based on these facts, the question should be, why do you NOT need a mobile website!
Is your website fully optimised for mobile browsing? By fully optimised, I don’t mean that your website is squeezed to fit into the size restrictions of a mobile browser – I mean that it has been designed specifically as a mobile version of your standard website. This means the coding is clean and images are sparse to ensure the site loads quickly on 3G networks. The navigation of the site should be clear and easy to interact with from the home page. That there’s a “Tap to call” feature – again on the home page so that you don’t have to go looking for the phone number.
This is how a professionally optimised mobile site should be designed and if you want your business to be at the forefront of the mobile revolution, a small investment in this area of your online presence is absolutely essential.
“If you do nothing else, get a mobile-enabled site” – Peter Fitzgerald (Google’s retail, technology & business markets director).
Until the end of May, The Online Knowledge is offering a special price for developing a Mobile version of your website, starting from just £297 – so call or email us –and join the mobile revolution.