SMS (Text) Marketing
What is SMS Marketing and why do I need it for my business?
SMS (Short Messaging System) enables mobile phones to send and receive text messages up to a maximum of 160 characters.
You probably use it everyday to communicate to friends and family – you’ll know it as TEXTING, but you may not know that it’s also an extremely powerful direct advertising medium, which allows you to promote your message to customers any time of the day or night.
- The average person looks at their phone 150 times a day (Source: Nokia, Mintrek)
- An email is opened on average within 48 hours, whereas a text message is opened on average within 4 minutes (Source: UK Mobile Study)
- In 2012 the number 1 preferred method for local consumers to receive a special offer coupon is through mobile devices (Source: Google Mobile Movement)
How does it work?
1. We set up a special phone number
2. You invite customers to join your special “VIP Club” by texting a keyword, like “VIP” to the number we have set up.
(An incentive works well here! – “Join today and get 10% off your first purchase”
3. Your customer has now opted-in to receive text messages from your business.
4. You can promote your latest news, products and special offers any time to your list of opted-in customers and turn them into REPEAT customers. Customers may even share these offers with the friends and family, bringing you MORE business.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to sit there texting all day long from your phone – we manage the whole process through our SMS Delivery Hub. We work with you to decide what messages you want to broadcast and we do the rest, so you can get on with running your business.
If you’d like to get MORE customers,buying MORE OFTEN – call us for a FREE consultation on 0845 519 8867, or complete our Contact form.